The goal of the project is to develop an artificial pancreatic islet based on the reaggregation of the dissociated pancreatic endocrine cells, mainly alpha- and beta-cells, into a functional tissue via microencapsulation.
The project is highly multidisciplinary and candidates with background in cell- and molecular biology, bioengineering, chemistry and biotechnology are preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
• Designing and setting up a system for microfluidic encapsulation of beta cells inside hydrogel microbeads
• Optimization of the encapsulation process
• Measurements of insulin secretion from the beads (ELISA tests)
• Co-encapsulation of beta cells with various other types of cells (e.g., endothelial) for improved viability and functionality
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Job type: Full-time employment Type of contract: Temporary Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary: gross salary (total employment cost) of 11 538 PLN per month
- Position starts on: 15.11.2022
- Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement: 13-month full-time work contract
- 13-month full-time work contract
- Work in the outstanding scientific institution in the dynamic research group – see details on the website: https://sgmte.pl/
- Engagement in an ambitious research program and the possibility to build the academic career
Career development prospects at IPC PAS
- Work in an outstanding scientific institution in a dynamic research group.
- Participation in Erasmus projects
Biology, bioengineering, engineering, and chemistry or related fields
Scientific profile of a candidate
Recognized Researcher (R2)
Scientific profile of a candidate:
- PhD degree in engineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, chemistry, or related fields obtained not earlier than 7 years before the engagement in the project (this period might be longer due to family reasons according to NCN rules).
- Experience in tissue engineering and microfluidics will be an asset
- Knowledge of basic techniques and protocols used in bio-labs
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Key assessment criteria:
The Commission will take into account the following criteria:
- Competence for specific tasks in a research project
- Previous scientific achievements (publication record, H-index, etc.)
- Candidate’s own initiative in research projects.
- scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
- motivation letter
- recommendation letter
- citation report (e.g. from Web of Science) including the number of publications, number of citations without self-citation, h-index of the Candidate
- a scan of the PhD diploma
- a scan of the MSc diploma
Employment will take place in accordance with the employment policy of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS https://ichf.edu.pl/files/csr/ipc-procedures.pdf and the provisions of the competition documentation of the National Science Center (NSC). The Commission will analyze the CVs of the candidates. The top candidates will be invited for an online or in-person interview. Good command of English is required. We reserve the right to contact and reply only to selected candidates.
• The incomplete applications will not be considered.
• The results of the competition are made public.
• Candidates who have been issued a negative opinion by the Competition Committee or candidates not selected for employment have the right to appeal against the results of the evaluation. The appeal shall be lodged with the Director of the Institute within 7 days from the date of receipt of the appropriate information. The decision of the Director of the Institute shall be final.
• If the top candidate does not sign the contract due to resignation, we reserve the right to choose the second-best candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Send application directly to email@example.com;
IMPORTANT! email subject: “Recruitment no. 37/2022”
- Application deadline: 24.10.2022 (23:00 CET)
- Deadline for the settlement of the competition: 08.11.2022
- Link to Euraxess website: https://www.euraxess.pl/jobs/834431
- IChF PAN Website offer: https://ichf.edu.pl/en/job/37-2022-artificial-pancreatic-islets-microfluidics-assisted-reaggregation-of-endocrine-cells-inside-hydrogel-microcapsules-opus