The goal of the project is to develop a microfluidic high throughput screening platform based on the printing of droplets into ordered arrays at a substrate. The planned research tasks include (i) setting up the droplet-printing setup and investigation of physical mechanisms of droplet self-assembly, (ii) development of custom image-processing tools, (iii) proof-of-concept application of the platform in drug screening.
Key responsibilities include:
- Optimizing hydrogel for cell culture, culturing cells, planning and performing the microfluidic encapsulation and screening experiments involving live/dead staining of cells and other assays, microscopy-based morphological characterization of growing microtissues.
- Data analysis, writing reports, and scientific publications.
- Cooperation with researchers, including communication with English-speaking colleagues.
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Job type: Full-time employment, Type of contract: Temporary, Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary: gross salary (total employment cost) of 10 000 PLN per month
- Position starts on: 01.01.2022
- Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement
12-month full-time work contract with the possibility of extension to 45 months in case of an extension of the project implementation period.
- Work in an outstanding scientific institution in a dynamic research group.
- Engagement in an ambitious research program and the possibility to build an academic career.
Scientific profile of a candidate:
- PhD degree in biology, bioengineering, chemistry, or related fields obtained not earlier than 7 years before the engagement in the project (this period might be longer due to family reasons (according to NCN rules).
- Experience in cell culture and tissue engineering and knowledge of basic techniques and protocols used in bio-labs.
- Experience in microfluidics will be an asset.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Key assessment criteria:
The Commission will take into account the following criteria:
- Competence for specific tasks in a research project.
- Previous scientific achievements (publication record, H-index, etc.).
- Candidate’s own initiative in research projects.
- Scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Citation report (e.g. from Web of Science) including the number of publications, number of citations without self-citation, h-index of the Candidate.
- a scan of the PhD diploma.
- a scan of the MSc diploma.
HOW TO APPLY
Send application directly to email@example.com
- IMPORTANT! email subject: “Recruitment no. 38/2021”
- Application deadline: 30.11.2021 23:00
- Deadline for the settlement of the competition: 13.12.2021
- Link to Euraxess website: https://www.euraxess.pl/jobs/673298
- IChF PAN Website offer: https://ichf.edu.pl/en/job/38-2021-printing-of-self-assembling-droplet-arrays-from-physical-mechanisms-of-self-assembly-to-applications-in-cell-encapsulati